Wednesday, November 3, 2010

november third two thousand ten




despite my growing distaste for enormous crowds and well, people, I decided to take part in the Giants World Series Championship Parade because it is/was a historic event and I don't like being left out of things. I'm really glad I forced myself to go although the parade was extremely congested, the weather sweltering, and I couldn't see a damn thing due to my diminutive stature. the energy swirling within the city's civic center was contagious and one couldn't help but feel a part of something bigger than just the celebration of a sports team, a city, or a people. 

or maybe it was the weed.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say that your shots are so amazing. Do you mind telling what kind of camera and lens you are using? Also, did you take a photography lesson? Do you have any photography books that you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you so much! I used a Nikon D70s and a Nikon 50mm lens.

    I have take an odd dark room class here and there, but nothing in the last few years.

    unfortunately, I haven't read any photography books...I probably should! :)
    do you have any recommendations?

    also, do I know you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you don't know me. I'm just a random guy who accidentally hit on your blogspot. Thanks for the info. I was planning to buy the canon eos 7d but i think i'll try to play with nikon d70.

    Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete